Tuesday 3 January 2017

Bangkok - The Thrill Journey


Here's an update on my 6D5N ( 28/12/16-02/01/2017 ) vacation with boyfie to Bangkok, Thailand. It was my 1st time going there and at the same time It was our first couple vacation  to overseas. *P/s: Bring at least RM 3000/each person ( 24000baht ) for a 6D5N vacation, and some spare cash just in case you need more money.


There is always plenty to do at KLIA but I rather freshen up at Starbucks while waiting for the connecting flight to Bangkok. Seriously I love traveling but I hate the transit portion of the journey. *p/s: There's no direct flights from Kota Kinabalu to Bangkok.


Snack is a must whenever I go on a trip. *p/s: The guy next to me on the plane is like 40+ and eating a lollipop. Yes, feed the child inside you sir lol. So anyways, yeah, the Calbee honey butter chips tastes sooo good! This is vvv addictive! No wonder so many people get all crazy about it, even some Korean celebrities posing with the chips in selfies.


冲上云霄la!!!! The first thing we did when we landed was to purchase a local sim card so that we could have portable wifi. The cost is about 299baht for 7 days of unlimited data. The cab ride from Don Muang Airport to our accomadation was 1200baht which was way over our budget to spend on the first day >,<


Finally reached the hotel ( Best Western Premier Sukhumvit ) around 10pm+, tiredness has destroyed me today. Thailand is an hour later than Malaysian time and it felt as we had an extra hour in a day. We booked our accommodation through booking.com Best Western Premier Sukhumvit is located in the heart of the city on Sukhumvit 1. ( right next to a large private hospital ) The staff were so friendly and welcoming. The room is smoke-free and features a 40'' flat-screen cable/satellite TV with a DVD player, an iPod docking station and a seating area. It comes with a minibar, a safety deposit box and a tea/coffee maker. A bathrobe and a hairdryer are included in a private bathroom. Overall the room are spacious and well designed. *p/s: The room service vv consistent =)


I always note down on travel map so I can keep track of my hotel and place I wanted to visit all in one easily accessible spot. In this way I can see where everything is, see what places are close to each other and have directions =D I prefer this method ( paper map ) rather than google map. 


The thrill of the journey!!! If you ever wanted to experience the thrill of dying, just ride a tuk tuk in moderate to heavy traffic *p/s: BEWARE OF THE BAG SNATCHERS!!!. We nearly got robbed!!! As the tuk-tuk slowed down near the traffic light, a motorcyclist sped past the vehicle and trying to snatch my boyfie's pouch. We immediately grabbed the pouch and struggled with the bag snatcher. Fortunately, their mission failed!!! I've only had twice tuk-tuk ride ever and that's more than enough!!! My advice is better stick to metered taxis or sky train. For short journeys 1-5km the price range is between 80-150baht. *p/s: tuk-tuk will rip you off and charge 100-200baht even for the shortest journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment