Friday 25 September 2015

An opening heart to trust

I have had an extremely busy weekdays but still able to read some really amazing posts...I read this and it resonated with me because it was definitely how I felt about trusting anyone again...It made me think hard about broken trust and how it changes me... I was there a short year ago, wondering if I would ever be able to trust anyone again. I never let myself get too excited about dating. I have dated a few persons but no one special, after reading this, I knew why... I had lost my desire to trust and I didn't expect it from anyone anymore...


I don't take promises from anyone anymore
that is what you did to me.
I do not look expectantly at my phone
when someone tells me they'll call
then decide they won't.
and when people come to me with wide eyes and excited smiles
I turn away.
I do not memorize what it's like
to touch a body with just the tips of my fingers.
I remember what it was to train my mind to forget
what skin feels like, traced over
on mornings half asleep and that is enough
to not hold on to promised words
from promising lips any longer






No comments:

Post a Comment